28/10/2013

Take Flight..........and Let The Adventure Begin

How would you like to be part of a creative adventure and make a difference in the lives of children in Haiti?  Well now you can and all you have to do is make a feather and send it of the Yanik over in Quebec Canada. You can read all about the artist collaboration over on Yanik's blog Avoxtar.  You'll have to be quick though if you're in the UK or Europe as there are only 33 days until the exhibition.  I'll be sending mine today so hopefully it will get there in plenty time (post usually takes approx 2 weeks).

For my feather I used some cardboard and painted it with gesso.  I used a butterfly stencil, rubber stamped words and some glitter.  I used acrylic paint as the main colouring medium.  It measures approx 23cm in length and 6cm at the widest point.  It fits at an angle in a a long DL envelope.  I can't wait to see everyone's feathers.  


Here is my feather - Butterfly Explore Life's Journey

I'm also sharing this as part of Handmade Monday over on Handmade Harbour and Creative Monday 

No comments: