07/10/2013

Diwali Cards

Before I can even think of designing/making Christmas cards I have to make Diwali cards to send to friends and family.  In the Gujarat, the festival honours Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth - new businesses are also started at this auspicious time.  Diya's or lamps are lit in every household so that the Goddess Lakshmi will find her way to each house to give her blessings.  Another reason to celebrate is the return of Lord Ram and his wife Sita from an exile of 14 years.  You can read more about Diwali here.  

These are my cards for 2013.  I drew the initial design and then coloured it in with Aquarelle Faber Castell water colour pencils.  Then manipulated them with a software program to create different effects.


This is the original design


These are the 2 images I created with the software

I'm showing these off for Handmade Monday over on the Handmade Harbour blog.  Why not pop over and see what the other crafters have been up to.

Till next time keep crafting.
Anita

No comments: