29/06/2011

Glue and Paint

This afternoon I went back to my love of mixing colours.  It's been a long time since I've had glue and paint on my hands- and it felt good I can tell you.  

I've missed this creative side just sitting and playing and letting the mind wander - I think we have enough rules in our day to day life and we forget to just let go and be ourselves.   

I don't pre-mix the colours I like the freedom of applying paint straight onto the "canvas" and seeing the colours "develop" as I apply it to the item being painted. 

I started by playing with some shrink plastic squares.  I've had this idea about making buttons with it - it's not a new idea just something I wanted to make to use on my cards in some way - we'll see.

I wore my stampbord necklace one day last week and I had so many people commenting on it that I thought it would be good to make some more necklaces to sell.

Here is a sneak peek of what I've been making today.

Paints used are Stewart Gill Paints


No comments: