The one thing I found with the body material is that it frayed which meant that it didn't hold very well when sewn up - hence the grey patch on the face and the odd stitching on the side. It was a good learning process as I've never made a doll or any other kind of soft toy. I think this one will be living with me so it doesn't matter if it's not perfect.
Junker Jane Style Art Doll
I've spent this Sunday afternoon playing with fabric and my sewing machine. I wanted to have a go at making the Junker Jane style art dolls after making the ATC's a couple of weeks ago. Now I have a stash of fabric which have been left over from other sewing projects and like most artists I hate throwing things away and in this I found some light cream/beige material to make the body. I added some lace, buttons and a fabric flower which I painted with some acrylic paint. The arms and the patch on the body are bits of canvas that I painted. I used embroidery thread for the mouth using back and chain stitch.