I haven't made anything new this week as I've been catching up on the accounts. So my post today is an update on the coat that I started just before Christmas. I was determined to start and finish it before New Year but that didn't happen because of last minute orders and post office runs etc. But considering I've actually had the material and pattern for over 12 months just making a start was an achievement. I'm nearly there the lining and sleeves are in I just need to tack the sleeves in place on the inside and finish off the hem. I cut the sleeve to 3/4 because I wanted to add a cuff or something rather than have a straight sleeve.
You're probably going to think I'm crazy but I am going to cut out different sized flowers from the left over material and some contrasting coloured felt (black) and stitch those to the sleeve and add buttons or beads to the centre. Then instead of a button closure I am going to add a large hook and eye and cover it with a large layered flower again with buttons and/or beads. Well that's the idea. I think the red just needs to be broken up a little because it's quite long (calf length) and I feel its too much to wear all red on it's own. Plus I want to make it unique to me.
This is the pattern that I used.
Don't forget to pop on over to Wendy's blog to see what everyone else has been making.