25/09/2014

Practice, Practice and Practice Some More

Following on from my post yesterday (WOYWW) I have had another play with the acrylic inks.  I think I'm getting the hang of them.  I've found that if I let the inks dry before adding more it works better.  The other thing I've found is that the colour looks different once it's dried and that I can layer the inks much better than trying to do it while wet.  

I toned down yesterdays painted face with white acrylic paint (tube not ink) so it doesn't look yellow.  I think it looks much better.  I'm still practicing the facial features and trying to get the shading correct.  I'm pretty pleased with the rough pencil sketch and shading I've done in the top right hand corner.  


Well I'm off to do some more practicing- catch you later.
Anita

No comments: