21/11/2011

Another Piece of Wearable Art

Oh dear I'm late posting this today.  I was going to do it yesterday but woke up with a niggling headache - which didn't turn into a headache but you could feel it might do - yeah weird I know but there you go.  Anyway here we are at the start of another week and getting closer to Christmas.  It's quite frightening when you see someone post on twitter that there are only XXX amount of days left.  

I've been busy with a few craft fairs not many and I'm glad as I've had an absolutely amazing response to the Shrink art bracelet I posted last week.  I've already had people ordering and paying up front for them - which is great.  I've also been making quite a few Christmas cards for customers.


This week I made a necklace with some polyshrink that was left over from another project.  These bits make for unusual shapes which in turn makes the necklace impossible to recreate and totally unique.  I've used the same design on the pieces just because I like it and it was already out.  I've used doubled up lilac satin ribbon instead of using beads because I like the idea that you can adjust the length of the necklace to suit the outfit and neckline of your clothing.  

Lilac Shrink Art Necklace with Czech beads

Here is one of the cards I've been commissioned to make - 

So there you have it. Now that you've seen what I've made why not pop on over to Wendy's blog to see what all my fellow crafter's have been making. 

Anita

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, love that necklace (the colours are fab and the detail is stunning) and that card looks amazing.

Lucy Liz said...

Beautiful and colourful as ever - hope to see these in the flesh (so to speak!) in Disley!

Carolee Crafts said...

I love the necklace so pretty and so different

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Your necklace is really lovely - purple is such a gorgeous colour.

Kat Shenton said...

The lilac shrink is beautiful. The colours really stand out and the composition does it so much justice. A lovely piece of work.

CHRIS LINACRE said...

Anita I am loving your new work seems like you are really reaching out to stand out from the crowds xx

itsamistry said...

Thanks Wendy :)

Hello Lucy see you in Disley

Thank you Caroline,Christmas Pie Crafts & Kat Shenton.

Chris - that's the idea:)

Jam Dalory said...

That necklace is lovely, the colours and style really make it one of a kind. x

lovetartan said...

Love the necklace. The card is just super and such a great idea! Mich :)

June said...

Beautiful necklace, the colours are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Anita, your jewellery is beautiful, you have such a great eye for colour. :)

itsamistry said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. :-)

Your Friend Susie said...

I'm loving what you're doing with the shrink art stuff (am I calling it the right thing?). I know what you mean about headaches, too. Well, anyway, that necklace is lovely.