10/01/2019

What's On Your Hook Thursday (WoYHT) #2

Hello and welcome to week 2 of What's on Your Hook Thursday (WoYHT).

This week is my first week back at the day job.  It's been a long week already and seems even longer as I've had nearly 3 weeks off over the holidays.

So this week there hasn't been much crochet time but I did finish the granny square crochet/fabric baby dress that I showed you in last weeks post.  I've had so many compliments about it.  I'm thinking I might make one in cream and a lovely lace over satin for the skirt.

Yay I finished the dress. 

This week I've been having a play with some cotton/acrylic yarn which I bought in a sale last year - that sounds like 2018 was ages ago doesn't it?  I tried out the same granny square design as for the dress but it didn't look quite right.  I think it's because the yarn has a fuzzy feel to it and not smooth like the one in the dress.  Anyway I undid it and used it to make a Crabapple Square by Rachele Carmona - you can follow her pattern here on YouTube they're fairly easy to follow if you're confident in making the different stitches and don't expect guidance at every stage. Good thing about videos is you can pause and rewind at your own leisure.  

Trial granny square same as the dress


Close up of the square - still need to add the last row. 

I hope you will join me in sharing what's on your hook.

See you next week and happy hooking.

For my daily ramblings you can follow me on instagram 
Anita










No comments: